1/11/10

Distance

The thud of my heels on the gravel is music
I crush the cries beneath the floor
Home is miles away, but I leap
Across the rolling distance
Arms spread wide in victory
My legs are dotted red
But my heart is unbruised.
Will the clouds cry tears of joy?
Or will they morph to ghosts
Of happiness?
I do not look up or down, for temptation
Will snatch me away.
My eyes are tied to a point in the distance.
If it were a mirror, I would run towards myself
Will shock surprise me like an airbag?
Or will I see what I have hidden all along?
Am I numb with possibility?
Or am I numb with fear?
My soul breaks into a smile, and revivified toes
Beat upon the ground faster.
I run.

No comments:

Post a Comment

in the wake of light, your words bring me more(please, do leave your fingerprints behind, so I may relish the image of our hands after you go.)