1/12/10

Tears

Your feet slipped on the remnant waves
That had wandered from the edge of the paper shore
I wondered if your tears were a mirage.

You began to raise a memory-soaked hand
To wave goodbye, yet you let it drop
Like a bird of sorrow shot from the sky.

It was as if you feared the memories
Would fly away to a distant land
Clamp their jaws upon freedom without saying goodbye.

If they flew away, I didn't want to
Shoot them from the sky.
If I'd turned my head back, I feared I would disappear
Like a shooting star nobody would wish upon.

I chose the road of boredom
To brag of my journey of a thousand miles
When in truth, I didn't have the courage to take a single step.

I stare at the sand beneath my guilty feet
And watch the waves wash me away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

in the wake of light, your words bring me more(please, do leave your fingerprints behind, so I may relish the image of our hands after you go.)