3/2/10

remember

you tell me, in three soft whispers;
it is over.
but
i am still breathing in this hollow
drawing room
i am alive.
***
random letters are punched 
into the crumbling sheet-rock of this
white white wall, and i wonder
what it was that flew by just now,
a few seconds ago
did i miss something? were you there?
***
my pieces are on this tile floor now;
don’t step on my yesterday.
i build myself all over, now, start
underneath this blanket and construct
a house of cards
maybe you’ll be my queen and
i’ll be a spade
the wind might take us away together
any moment now. 
***
oh. 
this glow, it fans my eyes 
and blinds me, because 
you can’t say forget if you’ve really forgotten. 
now, you are a rainbow, and i am 
white.
it’s all blurring before me. 
***
into this punctured skin i stuff
a block of carved wood
and
the lack of you. 

1 comment:

Post a Comment

in the wake of light, your words bring me more(please, do leave your fingerprints behind, so I may relish the image of our hands after you go.)