4/17/10

NaPoWriMo #15 and #16

    being
    
    I would like a pair of winged sneakers 
    so I can escape 
    the friction of this ground
    
    it was 
    April and cherry blossoms and
    a single strand of hair caught in the teeth 
    of my comb
    
    spiral staircase curling
    upwards; it makes my head
    spin, hammers me to the floor

    the cups of your heels strike the ground
    with rhythm
    applause is a noun, the clap of hands;
    no expression
    
    bedridden, throat parched
    will it ever rain?

    crisscrossed breeze;
    it tangles me, it confuses me;
    it makes me. 





night-shore
soccer;
you kick up the sunlight with 
your feet, never let it go.
sand now, instead of sandals;
sprinkled waves of grain beneath 
your feet, not foam.
castle;
you’ll be my king and i’ll be
an ace, we’ll seep into the 
gaps between your toes. 
organic;
spiral of a shell, ocean breeze
crashing in your ears.
moon-tide, rounded light;
let the waves 
wash, wash, wash you away. 


(not the best, but the best I could come up with today.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

in the wake of light, your words bring me more(please, do leave your fingerprints behind, so I may relish the image of our hands after you go.)